This is an exciting time of transformation and change for CVS Health as we seek to create a world-class Learning and Development capability. The mandate is to accelerate the capabilities and readiness of CVS Health’s colleagues who, together, will enable the Company to achieve its strategic goals and mission to put people on a path to better health. Reporting to the Enterprise Head of Learning and Development – You will be responsible for leading a team of Learning and Development professionals that create, develop and implement of Learning Strategies for CVS Health’s Retail business unit. Your ability to gain alignment on the defined learning strategies with all levels of the business will be critical for success. You will collaborate and develop relationships with multiple business stakeholders and leaders to help define areas of learning opportunities and provide all required development solutions needed to drive a best-in-class colleague experiences, productivity and results.
In this role, you will develop and execute learning and development strategies to support the mission and business goals for large business units of :10 departments and impacting the development experiences and capabilities of >:100,000 colleagues
Oversee the L&D teams responsible for the design, development, delivery and evaluation of innovative development solutions and high impact programming that equip colleagues and other related audiences aligned to your areas of the business, to achieve superior levels of quality, service, engagement and business results.
Leverage and coordinate alignments to the Enterprise L&D strategy, infrastructure and governance. Focus on data driven, performance driving solutions that begin with our colleagues’ new to role training, ongoing upskilling, reskilling, all the way through to their development and growth into their next role.
Leading a team of learning professionals, the Director of Learning and Development will have responsibility for the following:
- Builds and leads a team of Learning & Development professionals whose work impacts :100,000 colleagues.
- Accountabilities include strategy, execution and evaluation of L&D impact on critical business KPIs.
- Key strategic thought partner and influencer with leaders at the Exec. Director through SVP levels in Retail Operations, HR, Talent Management and Shared Services to negotiate and influence critical business decisions impacting colleague performance and results.
- Has full ownership for all L&D teams, strategy and outcomes for aligned business units/areas of the businesses.
- Focuses on the full lifecycle of colleague performance, in so doing, builds and leverages a series of data driven ‘sensors’ that measure impact and performance, from new hire through high performer, for all mission critical populations within your aligned lines of business.
- Accountable for creation and execution of multiple portfolios and the impacts on business performance.
- Accountabilities include the stakeholder management, L&D strategy, L&D design and execution that fully equip the following workforces to successfully enter new roles and continue to evolve their impact in alignment with business objectives and consumer needs
Retail Front Store
- Acts as a key member and contributor to the greater Enterprise L&D team to create a fully integrated L&D capability
- Builds strategies & capabilities that not only solve for needs within your own business line but aligns to similar needs in business units supported by your peers; collaborates to offer integrated solutions to the collective enterprise
- Understands the work and needs of high performers and contributors to the business of both today and tomorrow, and directs a team to provide development programming and learning solutions to meet those needs
- Collaborate with Senior Leaders by providing input and perspective in areas beyond L & D.
- Provide leadership on innovative strategies and identify other areas of opportunity.
- Establishes strong and influential relationships with business and HR stakeholders.
- Champions CVS Health’s evolution to a more comprehensive and data driven learning culture.
- Leads the evolution and maintenance of a learning/training assessment system to evaluate and report out the effectiveness of learning and development programming.
- As business strategy and objectives require, will absorb the L&D team members and workload required to take on growth initiatives transitioned / assigned to Enterprise L&D.
- During transition and after, ensures all programming and the L&D needs of the business / initiative are met and a sustainability strategy is designed and deployed.
- Designs and leads the curated L&D change management process for colleagues impacted by growth / change initiatives.
- During transition and after, ensures all programming and the L&D needs of the business continue to be met at the same level of service, without disruption.
- Designs and leads the curated change management process for each L&D team transitioning to theEnterprise L&D Team.
- 15+ years’ experience managing a complex and multi-layered business team, and or Learning and Development function
- Strong leadership skills and experienced with strategic planning, problem solving, innovation, collaboration and has proven communication and written skills.
- Superior knowledge and application of performance-based instructional design methodologies, adult learning principles and educational media.